Tourist places in Kerala, which attract many tourists every year.This place full of natural beauty.If you are planning for a Kerala tour. So in this article, we give you information about the most beautiful tourist places in Kerala. Firstly you should have a need to know, where is Kerala located? Kerela, a state of India, Thiruvananthapuram is the capital city of Kerela.This place nearly 600km of Arabian Sea shoreline.
10 Tourist places in Kerala
Munnar comes in the best tourist places in Kerala. This place is full of the wonderful hill station. This peaceful place located in the Western Ghats, in the state of Kerala. It offers us world’s largest tea estates. Munnar is one of the wonderful and peaceful hill-stations of Kerala. Situated on the bank of Madupetti, Nallathanni and Periavaru rivers. Munnar is also famous for the natural viewpoint. Munnar Kerala divided into two part. First is Old Munnar, tourist information office is there. And the second is Munnar, there are a bus station and guesthouses.
Places to visit in Munnar
1. Mattupetty(13 km far from Munnar)
2. Pothamedu (6 km far from Munnar)
3. Pallivasal (8 km far from Munnar)
4. Attukal (9 km far from Munnar)
5. Nyayamakad (10 km far from Munnar)
6. Chithirapuram (10 km far from Munnar)
7. Lock Heart Gap (13 km far from Munnar)
8. Rajamala (15 km far from Munnar)
Munnar airport: The Madurai International Airport (140 kilometers away from Munnar).
Suggested Read:- Top 15 best cities in the world to visit
Alleppey is famous all over the world for beaches, temples and traditional boat races. This place comes in one of the most beautiful tourist places in Kerala.The area of Alleppey home of many canals, backwaters, beaches, lagoons, and romantic climate.
Places to visit in Alleppey
1. Alleppey Backwater
2. Alappuzha Beach(2 km far from Alappuzha Railway Station)
3. Sri Krishna Temple(14 km far from Alappuzha Railway Station)
4. Bhagawathy Temple-Chettikulangara(43 km far from Alappuzha)
5. Pathiramanal Island(20 km far from Alappuzha)
Alleppey Airport: Cochin International Airport(73.01 km away)
Kumarakom likes a cluster which is full of beautiful little islands. The Vembanad lake is the largest lake in South India. It shows an amazing view of emerald green backwaters of Kerala. Kumarakom offers many tourist places in Kerala. Whether it is a cruise on some of the wonderful houseboats or peculiar birds. It is one of the most beautiful destinations and is known for its divine views, nature, and atmosphere.
Places to visit in Kumarakom
1. Vembanad Lake(4.17 Km far from Kumarakom)
2. Aruvikkuzhi Waterfalls(26.07 Km far from Kumarakom)
3. Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary(1.92 Km far from Kumarakom)
4. Bay Island Driftwood Museum(0.24 Km far from Kumarakom)
5. Juma Masjid(70.82 Km far from Kumarakom)
6. Pathiramanal Island(4.98 Km far from Kumarakom)
Kumarakom Airport: Cochin International Airport(59.61 km away)
Wayanad, Located among the mountains of the Western Ghats. Due to the beauty of this area comes it the best tourist places in Kerala. This place looks like a green paradise. The area of Wayanad hill station is full of forests, green plants, and wildlife. There are 3 high rainfall areas in the Wayanad- Lakkidi, Vythiri, and Meppadi.
Places to visit in Wayanad
1. Banasura Dam(19.07 km far from Wayanad)
2. Chembra Peak(19.89 km far from Wayanad)
3. Pookot Lake(19.58 km far from Wayanad )
4. Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary(25.85 km far from Wayanad )
5. Kuruva Island(15.78 km far from Wayanad )
6. Muthanga Wildlife Sanctuary(25.85 km far from Wayanad )
7. Edakkal Cave(13.10 km far from Wayanad )
8. Thirunelli Temple(29.22 km far from Wayanad )
Wayanad Airport: Karipur international airport at Kozhikode
If you have the attachment to the Jungle. So we suggest you that Thekkady place best for you. This is best for enjoy your holiday in a jungle. It is also called the home of the Tiger Reserve Periyar. You can enjoy here bamboo rafting, hiking, and shopping. This place gives you unforgettable moments of life. You can easily see in this place elephants, bison, wild boars and various kinds of birds etc. These all beauty of this place comes this place in the best tourist places in Kerala.
Places to visit in Thekkady
1. Periyar National Park(17.74 Km away)
2. Periyar Tiger Trail(17.74 Km away)
3. Kumily(0.91 Km away)
4. Chellarkovil(8.86 Km away)
5. Vandiperiyar(8.61 Km away)
6. Vandanmedu(14.11 Km away)
7. Ramakalmedu(22.72 Km away)
8. Pullumedu(13.43 Km away)
9. Mudra Culture center(0.68 Km away)
Thekkady Airport: Nedumbassery airport in Kochi
Vagamon is a hill station located in Kerala state. The amazing thing about this place is the climate. During a summer midday 10-23°C temperature. The beauty of this place like fresh cool air, pine forest, waterfalls, attractive meadows etc attracts the very year tourists. On the bases of natural beauty, it comes in the best Tourist places in Kerala.The hill station of Vagamon chain of 3 beautiful hills-Thangal hills, Murugan hill, and Kurismala hill.
Places to visit in Vagamon
1. Pine Forest
2. Idukki Dam
3. Thangal Para
4. Mundakayam Ghat
5. Marmala Waterfall
6. Vagamon Lake
7. Barren Hills
8. Vagamon Fall
Vagamon Airport: Cochin International Airport
Bekar is a very small region. Which offer the Keralite hospitality to its tourists. The natural beauty like sun, sand, sea and swaying palm trees give this place outstanding landscape. Due to the scenic beauty of this place comes it top tourist places in Kerala. If you want to visit this fascinating place during the vacation. So this place will offer you the pleasure of nature and sweet memories.
Places to visit in Bekal
1. Kottancherry(30km far from the northeast of Kanhangad is Kottancherry)
2. Valiyaparamba(19km away)
4. Kappil Beach(5km away)
5. Ranipuram(58 km away)
6. Chandragiri Fort(10 km away)
7. Posadigumpe(18km far from the east of Mangalpady in Dharmathadka)
8. Kanwatheertha Beach(3km far from Manjeswaram)
9. Bekal Fort
10. Azhithala Beach(25 km away)
Bekal Airport: Mangalore International Airport
Thrissur comes in one of the oldest cities in Kerala.This place famous for its history, culture and gleeful festivals. So Don’t miss these Tourist places in Kerala. During most famous Pooran festival, you can see music performances, puppet shows, fireworks, and decorated elephants.
Places to visit in Thrissur
1. Athirapally Falls
2. Charpa Falls
3. Vadakummnathan temple
4. Shakthan Thampuran Palace
5. Vazhacal falls
6. Thrissur Zoo
7. Peechi Dam
8. Kerala Kalamandalam
9. Heritage Garden
10. Vilangan Kunnu
11. Chavakad Beach
Thrissur Airport: Cochin International Airport at Nedumbassery(50 km away)
Poovar is full of natural beauty like Lake, River, Sea, and Beach etc. This place like a Paradise. You can feel relax here. If you would like to eat seafood. So this place best for you. You can eat some fresh fish and other seafood items. Don’t miss these Tourist places in Kerala.
Places to visit in Poovar
1. Poovar Beach
2. Thirparappu Falls
3. Shopping in Poovar
6. The Fishing Village
7. Kovalam Beach
8. Boat Race
Poovar Airport: Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum) International Airport
Guruvayur comes one of the famous tourist places in Kerala.This place called the Dwarka of the South.Comes in the most significant pilgrimages centers in Kerala. The famous pilgrimages center is Kaladi.Birthplace of Sri Adi Shankaracharya.
Places to visit in Guruvayur
1. Punnathurkotta Elephant Palace
2. Mammiyoor Shiva temple
3. Parthasarathy Temple
4. Guruvayoor Temple
5. Institute of Mural Painting
6. Statues of Maraprabhu and Guruyaur Kesavan
7. Thiru Venkatachalapathy Temple
8. Harikanyaka Temple
9. Devaswom Museum
Guruvayur Airport: Kochi airport(90km away)
Above, in this article give you information about the best Tourist places in Kerala. These all places give you breathtaking views. Some places best for evergreen lovers and some for beach lovers and seafood lovers.If you would like to visit in Kerala so just pack your bag and go for enjoying. And dedicate yourself in the beauty of Kerala.
If you like this article Don’t forget to share it with your peers! Take a trip to Kerala and get ready to make positive memories with your friends and family.
Further Read: ATTRACTIONS OF ISTANBUL CITY